Monday, April 6, 2015

The Walking Dead TellTale Game: Walt's Autumnal Legume Salad with a Peach roux

The Walking Dead TellTale Peaches and Beans
Walt's Peaches and Beans
I don't really consider myself a gamer but when I do decide to sit down and commit a few days of my life to a game, I make sure that it's going to be worth my time.  As you can tell from my blog, I'm quite the Walking Dead fan and I couldn't wait for the second season of The Walking Dead Telltale episodes to come out.  What makes Telltale games so amazing is that you can basically pick and choose how you want to play a game.  The things you decide to say or do will alter the game so it's important to be quick on your toes and stay true to who you are.  The best thing, however, is that Telltale games have a way of pulling at your heartstrings.  I don't want to spoil anything but season one of the game left me so sad that it took me a long time to actually want to play season two. Do not let that deter you away though! The games are amazing and I hold it very close to my heart.

For today's recipe, I have Walt's autumnal legume salad with a peach roux, peaches and beans basically.  SPOILER ALERT! When Clementine and her new group arrive at the ski lodge and helps Walt cook dinner for everyone, he explains to her that the odd pot of food is actually canned peaches and beans.  A definite luxury during the apocalypse! So here it is, Walt's peaches and beans specialty!

Walt's Autumnal Legume Salad with a Peach Roux

yield: 4          prep time: 10 minutes         cook time: 45 minutes

  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 can (15oz) canned black beans, drained
  • 5 oz canned peaches, drained
  • 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • creme fraiche to garnish, optional
  1. Heat a pot of 1 tbsp of oil and add your onion and garlic.  Keep this on medium heat, you want the the onions to soften and become translucent.
  2. While the onions are cooking, drain your peaches and beans.  Dice the peaches into 1/4 pieces.
  3. Once the onions are ready, add your peaches and beans. Let this cook for a few minutes.
  4. Add your sauce and stock now.  Scrape off any bits that have formed on the bottom of the pot.
  5. Add you paprika, cayenne, and honey. Let it simmer for 30 minutes or so. If you find that it's too dry, add a bit more water or stock.
  6. Taste and season with salt and pepper.  I was quite surprised that the peaches and beans came together so nicely!
  7. Now before you enjoy it, who do you sit with? Luke or Kenny?
If anyone else has played the game let me know what some of your choices were! I find it so interesting to see what others have picked.  Thanks again and enjoy!


The Walking Dead TellTale Peaches and Beans

No comments :

Post a Comment